Monday, August 30, 2010

Don't Shoot

This morning, I had a dream that there were two small groups of men battling over hidden monetary treasure.

I was with one group, two Scots and an American.  The American walked away after attempting to open a mint green, wooden cabinet with a tiny luggage-type key.  He complained that it was not the right key.  I took the key and said to the Scots, "They key is bent.  I'll open it."  I had to look into the lock to make sure the key was properly aligned.  Then turning the key, the padlock popped open.  I swung the door wide, as the Scots hurried over to remove the cabinet's contents.

The second group of men arrived with guns, attempting to steal the money.  Though I was a bystander - admittedly, I opened the cabinet, but it was out of frustration with the American's incompetence, not out of allegiance - the second group associated me with the first and grabbed my arm, pulling me in front of themselves as a shield.  The Scots didn't want to shoot me since I had helped; and they were not as "bad" as the others.

I, then, ended up in the middle of their gun battle.  At times, I was a shield, other, the kidnapped or simply a moving target.  I ran and dodged as much of the action as I could.  Then, I realized I was wearing a sheer, white nightgown and no underwear.  I can't remember the middle part, but it had something to do with the second gang contemplating raping me.  Then I watched from outside myself, as they held me in front of them and shot at the Scots and the American.

Somehow, the money ended up in a lock box in a secret room inside a store doubling as a safety box company and ice cream shop.  Two unrelated groups of about 4 - 6 customers each, were seated at tables, enjoying the gourmet ice cream.  One of the men from the second gang, took a few colorful, small, file boxes behind the counter, pretending to drop scoops of ice cream in them.  Instead, what he was really doing was positioning his gun.  He shot the security guard and one of the men in the first group.  The customers were afraid; but the shooter simply held up his other file boxes and said, "It's OK.  I have what I came for."  And he left through the two swinging doors at the front.

No comments:

Post a Comment